The purpose of mhttpd Chat Page is to provide a simple mean of communication between multiple users under the same Midas experiment. This communication is done via the Midas web application. Additional speaking (Text-to-Speech) of the message can be enabled (see below).
Access to the Chat Page
The Chat Page is displayed by clicking on the Status Page or other mhttpd web page.button on the mhttpd
- If the Chat button is not present on the Status Page
- it may have been suppressed.
Features of the Chat page
The Chat page is composed of 4 areas:
- the message box
- the use name box
- a Speech enable button in the case the web browser is compatible with the Google TTS engine. Check http://caniuse.com/#search=SpeechSynthesisUtterance for compatibility.
- The Chat page provides 2 fields:
- User message, User name, Speech enable tag
- In the case of the "CHROME" web browser use, it is possible to enable the "Text-To-Speech" synthesizer to "speak the message. Only collaborators sentences will be spoken. The enabling for this feature is done by setting the "Text-to-Speech Enable" to 1 under the "CONFIG" button on the status page.