The purpose of mhttpd Chat Page is to provide a simple mean of communication between multiple users under the same Midas experiment. This communication is done via the Midas web application. Additional speaking (Text-to-Speech) of the message can be enabled (see below).
Access to the Chat Page
The Chat Page is displayed by clicking on the Status Page or other mhttpd web page.button on the mhttpd
- If the Chat button is not present on the Status Page
- it may have been suppressed.
Features of the Chat page
The Chat page is composed of 4 areas:
- Message field, for message to be sent
- Username field, to identify the sender
- a Speech enable button will be present in the case the web browser is compatible with the Google TTS engine. Check this site for compatibility. Chrome, Safari, Opera, iOS Safari are compatible, IE, Firefox, Opera Mini, Android Browser are not (so far).
- Conversation box, message exchange history.