The Midas data logger serves multiple purpose of logging.
- Its main task is to log experimental data to storage device(s) such as disk, tape, FTP with prior data compression.
- Serves the logging of the overall Midas system messages
- Collect and log the history events
- Can log special information to an external mySQL database
The associated utility handling this Data logging is the mlogger. It runs on the backend computer, receiving events from the buffer manager. It supports three type of storage devices so far, i.e.
- FTP channel to a remote computer.
Data can currently be written in five different formats :
- MIDAS binary,
A built in compression (gzip) can be enabled