The Midas data logger serves multiple purposes related to data logging.
- On the fly data compression (if required)
- Log experimental data to storage device (s)
- Handles the overall Midas System messages logging
- Collect and log the history events, see History System'
- Can log special information to an external mySQL database, see mySQL
The data logger configuration is available in the ODB. Please refer to /Logger ODB tree for full feature descriptions.
The actual application handling this Data logging is the mlogger. It is intended to run on the backend computer (on the same node where the event buffers reside) for fast data access (no network involved).