MIDAS is a modern data acquisition system developed at PSI and TRIUMF. Supported hardware includes VME, Fastbus, CAMAC, RS232, GPIB, USB, ethernet, fiber optic and MSCB attached data acquisition devices. MIDAS is written in C/C++ and runs on Linux, MacOS and MS Windows. It is licensed under the GPL.
On August 2013, the complete MIDAS documentation has been moved to TRIUMF for consistency and can be accessed via http://midas.triumf.ca. Only a (very historic) introduction is still accessible at PSI.
- https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/midas - MIDAS GIT Repository
- https://midas.triumf.ca/forum - MIDAS discussion forum
- http://daq.triumf.ca - TRIUMF DAQ Wiki
- Main MIDAS Documentation on this wiki
- http://ladd00.triumf.ca/~daqweb/doc/midas-devel/doc/html - Doxygen-generated code documentation
- MIDAS users around the world
All MIDAS programs are under the GNU Public License
The GIT tree is available via a web interface. Using this interface, the most recent file versions can be obtained.
Alternatively, the files can be directly obtained via GIT by entering:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/midas git clone https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/mscb git clone https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/mxml cd midas make
Supported operating systems are:
- primary: MacOS, RHEL/SL/SLC Linux
- secondary: MS Windows, Ubuntu Linux, Fedora Linux, FreeBSD, VxWorks, others (see Makefile)
The bitbucket repository is mirrored nightly to TRIUMF at http://ladd00.triumf.ca/~daqweb/git. Please use this mirror to install stable releases of MIDAS. To follow the latest development version, please clone from bitbucket.
News about bug fixes and new releases of Midas can be obtained from the Midas news group located at TRIUMF which uses the ELOG system. Users can register in this system to be notified automatically via E-mail when new entries are submitted.
Another source of information is the Bitbucket Repository of MIDAS, where one can see the latest changes to the software.
- ELOG - Electronics Logbook from PSI
- ROOT - data analysis package from CERN
- ROOTANA - ROOT-based analyzer for MIDAS
- ROODY - viewer for online histograms
- http://midas.psi.ch/rome/ - MEG/PSI data analysis package
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.