MIDAS is a modern data acquisition system developed at PSI and TRIUMF. Supported hardware includes VME, Fastbus, CAMAC, RS232, GPIB, USB, ethernet, fiber optic and MSCB attached data acquisition devices. MIDAS is written in C/C++ and runs on Linux, MacOS and MS Windows. It is licensed under the GPL. Read more...
- https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/midas - MIDAS GIT Repository
- http://midas.psi.ch/ - MIDAS pages at PSI
- https://midas.triumf.ca/forum - MIDAS discussion forum
- http://daq.triumf.ca - TRIUMF DAQ Wiki
- http://ladd00.triumf.ca/~daqweb/doc/midas/doc/html - MIDAS Doxygen documentation
All MIDAS programs are under the GNU Public License
The GIT tree is available via a web interface. Using this interface, the most recent file versions can be obtained.
Alternatively, the files can be directly obtained via GIT by entering:
git clone https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/midas git clone https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/mxml cd midas make
Supported operating systems are:
- primary: MacOS, RHEL/SL/SLC Linux
- secondary: MS Windows, Ubuntu Linux, FreeBSD, VxWorks, others (see Makefile)
Or a mirror is available:
... coming soon...
News about bug fixes and new releases of Midas can be obtained from the Midas news group located at TRIUMF which uses the ELOG system. Users can register in this system to be notified automatically via E-mail when new entries are submitted.
- ELOG - Electronics Logbook from PSI
- ROOT - data analysis package from CERN
- ROOTANA - ROOT-based analyzer for MIDAS
- ROODY - viewer for online histograms
- http://midas.psi.ch/rome/ - MEG/PSI data analysis package
- Documentation at TRIUMF
- Historical files collection (PSI)
- Historical files collection (TRIUMF)
- New Wiki Documentation (in construction)
- MIDAS installation instructions for TRIUMF experiments
- Common problems & Debugging recipes
- Format of MIDAS history files
- Note on the alarm system
- Note on the ODB hotlink function (db_open_record())
- Note on race condition and deadlock between ODB lock and SYSMSG lock in cm_msg()
- Note on prevent start due to alarm or required programs
- List of various minor modification to be put into the right place of the documentation
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.