Here is the list of known problems I am aware of and of fixes not yet committed
to midas svn:
1) added variable /equiment/foo/common/PerVariableHistory breaks stuff (mostly
mhttpd). It is not clear how this problem escaped my pre-commit checks. This
per-equipment variable enables the per-variable history for the given equipment.
Local consensus is that this variable should not be in "common" and should not
be in "settings". Probably in "/history"? Or have only one variable to enable
this for all equipments at once (like we do in ALPHA).
2) writing compressed midas files (foo.mid.gz) crashes the mlogger when file
size reaches 2 GBytes. This problem could be new in SL5.1.
3) when a midas client becomes unresponsive, runs cannot be stopped using the
"stop" button in mhttpd. This is because cm_transition() loops over all attached
clients, but never removes clients that are known to be dead. Proposed fix is to
call cm_check_client() for each client before calling their rpc transition handler.
4) the discussed before fix for reading broken history files (skip bad data).
5) mhttpd history "export" button needs to be fixed (by request from ALPHA). At
present it either does not return all exiting data or crashes mhttpd. (no fix)
6) mhttpd ODB editor in "set value" page, the "cancel" button is broken (needs
to be corrected for "relative URL"). (no fix)
7) mhttpd needs AJAX-style methods for reading and writing ODB. (no fix)