The MUSR software package CAMP is used for the slow controls for the bnmr and bnqr experiments. The CAMP server runs on a MVME162 located in the VME crate. The CAMP system itself is accessed using the #CAMP User Interface (CUI). Using the CUI, the user can define instruments to be accessed by the DAQ system during the experiment.
The CAMP Hostname is
- bnmrvw.triumf.ca for the bnmr experiment or
- polvw.triumf.ca for bnqr experiment
The CAMP hostname is set in two places in the DAQ system :
- The environment variable CAMP_HOST
- In the ODB at Scanning/Camp/Settings/Server name
CAMP in BNMR/BNQR
The CAMP system is used for three purposes in the BNMR/BNQR experiments:
- CAMP slow controls using the #CAMP User Interface
- logging of CAMP data to the saved file
- Scanning of a CAMP device during data-taking in modes 1c and 1j.
CAMP User Interface
To access the CUI, in an xterm type "camp".
A display similar to Figure 1 will appear.
The camp command will use the default camp hostname defined by the environment variable CAMP_HOST (bnmrvw.triumf.ca in Figure 1). To access the Camp User Interface using a different camp host (temporarily), specify the camp hostname, e.g.
[bnmr@isdaq01 ~]camp -node polvw