Common Parameters to MIDAS Utilities
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Common Input Parameters
Each of the MIDAS utilities define a number of input parameters. The following parameters are common to many :
- [-e <exptname> ]
- specifies the MIDAS Experiment to connect to (where multiple experiments are defined on the MIDAS host (see exptab).
- This option supersedes the default experiment name given by the environment variable MIDAS_EXPT_NAME , if defined.
- If multiple experiments are defined, unless MIDAS_EXPT_NAME is defined or this argument is supplied, the application will request the experiment name.
- If the environment variable MIDAS_DIR is defined (i.e. single default experiment), both the exptname input parameter and environment variable MIDAS_EXPT_NAME will be superseded.
- [-h <hostname> ]
- connect to midas server mserver on given host hostname, i.e. specifies the MIDAS Host to connect to when connecting to an experiment running on a remote host. If the experiment is running on the local host, this argument need not be supplied.
- If hostname is supplied :
- If more than one copy of mserver is running, the mserver portname must be specified, e.g.
odbedit -h myhost:1173 -e myexpt -c "ls /Experiment"