The purpose of mhttpd Chat Page is to provide a simple mean of communication between multiple users under the same Midas experiment. This communication was previously limited to users running odbedit and using the odbedit command chat. Now it can also be done using the Midas web application. Users can communicate via the web using the Chat Page ( odbedit command chat messages also appear on the Chat Page). The chat messages are not saved in the MIDAS logfile.
Additionally, speaking (Text-to-Speech) of the message can be enabled (see below).
Access to the Chat Page
- If the Chat button is not present on the Status Page, it may have been suppressed.
Features of the Chat page
The Chat page (Figure 1) is composed of 4 areas:
- Message field, for message to be sent
- Username field, to identify the sender
- a Speech enable button will be present if the web browser is compatible with the Google TTS engine. Check this site for compatibility. Chrome, Safari, Opera, iOS Safari are compatible, IE, Firefox, Opera Mini, Android Browser are not (so far).
- Conversation box, message exchange history.
Click thumbnail to enlarge