Back Midas Rome Roody Rootana
  Midas DAQ System, Page 121 of 122  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Author Topicup Subject
  2225   20 Jun 2021 Lukas GerritzenSuggestionMidasConfig.cmake usage
I agree that those two things are problems, but I don't see why it is preferable to leave the MidasConfig.cmake in this "broken" state. For us 
problem 1 is less of an issue, becaues we run "link_directories(${MIDAS_LIBRARY_DIRS})" in the top CMakeLists.txt and then just link against "midas", 
not "${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}". However, number 2 would be nice, to not manually hack in target_include_directories(target ${MIDASSYS}/mscb/include), 
especially because ${MIDASSYS} is not set in cmake. 

I see two solutions for problem 2: Treat mscb as a submodule and compile and install it together with midas, or add the include directory to 
${MIDAS_INCLUDE_DIRS} (same applies to the other submodules, mscb is the one that made me open this elog just now)

Cheers
Lukas
 
> > find_package(Midas)
> 
> I am testing find_package(Midas). There is a number of problems:
> 
> 1) ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES} is set to "midas;midas-shared;midas-c-compat;mfe".
> 
> This seem to be an incomplete list of all libraries build by midas (rmana is missing).
> 
> This means ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES} should not be used for linking midas programs (unlike ${ROOT_LIBRARIES}, etc):
> 
> - we discourage use of midas shared library because it always leads to problems with shared library version mismatch (static linking is preferred)
> - midas-c-compat is for building python interfaces, not for linking midas programs
> - mfe contains a main() function, it will collide with the user main() function
> 
> So I think this should be changed to just "midas" and midas linking dependancy
> libraries (-lutil, -lrt, -lpthread) should also be added to this list.
> 
> Of course the "install(EXPORT)" method does all this automatically. (so my fixing find_package(Midas) is a waste of time)
> 
> 2) ${MIDAS_INCLUDE_DIRS} is missing the mxml, mjson, mvodb, midasio submodule directories
> 
> Again, install(EXPORT) handles all this automatically, in find_package(Midas) it has to be done by hand.
> 
> Anyhow, this is easy to add, but it does me no good in the rootana cmake if I want to build against old versions
> of midas. So in the rootana cmake, I still have to add $MIDASSYS/mvodb & co by hand. Messy.
> 
> I do not know the history of cmake and why they have two ways of doing things (find_package and install(EXPORT)),
> this second method seems to be much simpler, everything is exported automatically into one file,
> and it is much easier to use (include the export file and say target_link_libraries(rootana PUBLIC midas)).
> 
> So how much time should I spend in fixing find_package(Midas) to make it generally usable?
> 
> - include path is incomplete
> - library list is nonsense
> - compiler flags are not exported (we do not need -DOS_LINUX, but we do need -DHAVE_ZLIB, etc)
> - dependency libraries are not exported (-lz, -lutil, -lrt, -lpthread, etc)
> 
> K.O.
  2226   20 Jun 2021 Konstantin OlchanskiSuggestionMidasConfig.cmake usage
> I agree that those two things are problems, but I don't see why it is preferable to leave the MidasConfig.cmake in this "broken" state. For us 
> problem 1 is less of an issue, becaues we run "link_directories(${MIDAS_LIBRARY_DIRS})" in the top CMakeLists.txt and then just link against "midas", 
> not "${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}". However, number 2 would be nice, to not manually hack in target_include_directories(target ${MIDASSYS}/mscb/include), 
> especially because ${MIDASSYS} is not set in cmake.

So you say "nuke ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}" and "fix ${MIDAS_INCLUDE}". Ok.

Problem still remains with required auxiliary libraries for linking "-lmidas". Sometimes you
need "-lutil" and "-lrt" and "-lpthread", sometimes not. Some way to pass this information
automatically would be nice.

Problem still remains that I cannot do these changes because I have no test harness
for any of this. Would be great if you could contribute this and post the documentation
blurb that we can paste into the midas wiki documentation.

And I still do not understand why we have to do all this work when cmake "import(EXPORT)"
already does all of this automatically. What am I missing?

K.O.

> 
> I see two solutions for problem 2: Treat mscb as a submodule and compile and install it together with midas, or add the include directory to 
> ${MIDAS_INCLUDE_DIRS} (same applies to the other submodules, mscb is the one that made me open this elog just now)
> 
> Cheers
> Lukas
>  
> > > find_package(Midas)
> > 
> > I am testing find_package(Midas). There is a number of problems:
> > 
> > 1) ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES} is set to "midas;midas-shared;midas-c-compat;mfe".
> > 
> > This seem to be an incomplete list of all libraries build by midas (rmana is missing).
> > 
> > This means ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES} should not be used for linking midas programs (unlike ${ROOT_LIBRARIES}, etc):
> > 
> > - we discourage use of midas shared library because it always leads to problems with shared library version mismatch (static linking is preferred)
> > - midas-c-compat is for building python interfaces, not for linking midas programs
> > - mfe contains a main() function, it will collide with the user main() function
> > 
> > So I think this should be changed to just "midas" and midas linking dependancy
> > libraries (-lutil, -lrt, -lpthread) should also be added to this list.
> > 
> > Of course the "install(EXPORT)" method does all this automatically. (so my fixing find_package(Midas) is a waste of time)
> > 
> > 2) ${MIDAS_INCLUDE_DIRS} is missing the mxml, mjson, mvodb, midasio submodule directories
> > 
> > Again, install(EXPORT) handles all this automatically, in find_package(Midas) it has to be done by hand.
> > 
> > Anyhow, this is easy to add, but it does me no good in the rootana cmake if I want to build against old versions
> > of midas. So in the rootana cmake, I still have to add $MIDASSYS/mvodb & co by hand. Messy.
> > 
> > I do not know the history of cmake and why they have two ways of doing things (find_package and install(EXPORT)),
> > this second method seems to be much simpler, everything is exported automatically into one file,
> > and it is much easier to use (include the export file and say target_link_libraries(rootana PUBLIC midas)).
> > 
> > So how much time should I spend in fixing find_package(Midas) to make it generally usable?
> > 
> > - include path is incomplete
> > - library list is nonsense
> > - compiler flags are not exported (we do not need -DOS_LINUX, but we do need -DHAVE_ZLIB, etc)
> > - dependency libraries are not exported (-lz, -lutil, -lrt, -lpthread, etc)
> > 
> > K.O.
  2228   22 Jun 2021 Lukas GerritzenSuggestionMidasConfig.cmake usage
> So you say "nuke ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}" and "fix ${MIDAS_INCLUDE}". Ok.

A more moderate option would be to remove mfe from ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}, but as far as I understand mfe is not the only problem, so nuking might be the 
better option after all. In addition, setting ${MIDASSYS} in MidasConfig.cmake would probably improve compatibility.

>Sometimes you need "-lutil" and "-lrt" and "-lpthread", sometimes not. 
>Some way to pass this information automatically would be nice.

I do not properly understand when you need this and when not, but can't this be communicated with the PUBLIC keyword of target_link_libraries()? If I 
understand if we can use PUBLIC for -lutil, -lrt and -lpthread, I can write something, test it here and create a pull request.

> And I still do not understand why we have to do all this work when cmake "import(EXPORT)"
> already does all of this automatically. What am I missing?

Does this not require midas to be built every time you import it? I know, it's a bit the "billions of flies can't be wrong" argument, but I've never seen 
any package that uses import(EXPORT) over find_package().

> > I agree that those two things are problems, but I don't see why it is preferable to leave the MidasConfig.cmake in this "broken" state. For us 
> > problem 1 is less of an issue, becaues we run "link_directories(${MIDAS_LIBRARY_DIRS})" in the top CMakeLists.txt and then just link against "midas", 
> > not "${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}". However, number 2 would be nice, to not manually hack in target_include_directories(target ${MIDASSYS}/mscb/include), 
> > especially because ${MIDASSYS} is not set in cmake.
> 
> So you say "nuke ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}" and "fix ${MIDAS_INCLUDE}". Ok.
> 
> Problem still remains with required auxiliary libraries for linking "-lmidas". Sometimes you
> need "-lutil" and "-lrt" and "-lpthread", sometimes not. Some way to pass this information
> automatically would be nice.
> 
> Problem still remains that I cannot do these changes because I have no test harness
> for any of this. Would be great if you could contribute this and post the documentation
> blurb that we can paste into the midas wiki documentation.
> 
> And I still do not understand why we have to do all this work when cmake "import(EXPORT)"
> already does all of this automatically. What am I missing?
> 
> K.O.
> 
> > 
> > I see two solutions for problem 2: Treat mscb as a submodule and compile and install it together with midas, or add the include directory to 
> > ${MIDAS_INCLUDE_DIRS} (same applies to the other submodules, mscb is the one that made me open this elog just now)
> > 
> > Cheers
> > Lukas
> >  
> > > > find_package(Midas)
> > > 
> > > I am testing find_package(Midas). There is a number of problems:
> > > 
> > > 1) ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES} is set to "midas;midas-shared;midas-c-compat;mfe".
> > > 
> > > This seem to be an incomplete list of all libraries build by midas (rmana is missing).
> > > 
> > > This means ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES} should not be used for linking midas programs (unlike ${ROOT_LIBRARIES}, etc):
> > > 
> > > - we discourage use of midas shared library because it always leads to problems with shared library version mismatch (static linking is preferred)
> > > - midas-c-compat is for building python interfaces, not for linking midas programs
> > > - mfe contains a main() function, it will collide with the user main() function
> > > 
> > > So I think this should be changed to just "midas" and midas linking dependancy
> > > libraries (-lutil, -lrt, -lpthread) should also be added to this list.
> > > 
> > > Of course the "install(EXPORT)" method does all this automatically. (so my fixing find_package(Midas) is a waste of time)
> > > 
> > > 2) ${MIDAS_INCLUDE_DIRS} is missing the mxml, mjson, mvodb, midasio submodule directories
> > > 
> > > Again, install(EXPORT) handles all this automatically, in find_package(Midas) it has to be done by hand.
> > > 
> > > Anyhow, this is easy to add, but it does me no good in the rootana cmake if I want to build against old versions
> > > of midas. So in the rootana cmake, I still have to add $MIDASSYS/mvodb & co by hand. Messy.
> > > 
> > > I do not know the history of cmake and why they have two ways of doing things (find_package and install(EXPORT)),
> > > this second method seems to be much simpler, everything is exported automatically into one file,
> > > and it is much easier to use (include the export file and say target_link_libraries(rootana PUBLIC midas)).
> > > 
> > > So how much time should I spend in fixing find_package(Midas) to make it generally usable?
> > > 
> > > - include path is incomplete
> > > - library list is nonsense
> > > - compiler flags are not exported (we do not need -DOS_LINUX, but we do need -DHAVE_ZLIB, etc)
> > > - dependency libraries are not exported (-lz, -lutil, -lrt, -lpthread, etc)
> > > 
> > > K.O.
  2230   24 Jun 2021 Konstantin OlchanskiSuggestionMidasConfig.cmake usage
> > So you say "nuke ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}" and "fix ${MIDAS_INCLUDE}". Ok.
> A more moderate option ...

For the record, I did not disappear. I have a very short time window
to complete commissioning the alpha-g daq (now that the network
and the event builder are cooperating). To add to the fun, our high voltage
power supply turned into a pumpkin, so plotting voltages and currents 
on the same history plot at the same time (like we used to be able to do)
went up in priority. 

K.O.
  2240   28 Jun 2021 Marco FrancesconiSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
Hi all,
for my experiment we ended up with the need of changing lot of parameters (~9000 values) in the ODB at once by the sequencer.
The very first solution was to use a sequencer function with a ton of ODBSET calls, however a more elegant solution may be to provide an "ODBLoad" command which mimics the "load" command of odbedit.
I already have a working modification to the sequencer for this, if you agree I will commit it to a dedicated brach.
Let me know if you think this is a good approach.

Marco F
  2241   28 Jun 2021 Stefan RittSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
> Hi all,
> for my experiment we ended up with the need of changing lot of parameters (~9000 values) in the ODB at once by the sequencer.
> The very first solution was to use a sequencer function with a ton of ODBSET calls, however a more elegant solution may be to provide an "ODBLoad" command which mimics the "load" command of odbedit.
> I already have a working modification to the sequencer for this, if you agree I will commit it to a dedicated brach.
> Let me know if you think this is a good approach.
> 
> Marco F

How can people judge your modification if they cannot see it? Why don't you make a pull request, so it can be properly reviewed.

Stefan
  2242   28 Jun 2021 Konstantin OlchanskiSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
> Hi all,
> for my experiment we ended up with the need of changing lot of parameters (~9000 values) in the ODB at once by the sequencer.
> The very first solution was to use a sequencer function with a ton of ODBSET calls, however a more elegant solution may be to provide an "ODBLoad" command which mimics the "load" command of odbedit.
> I already have a working modification to the sequencer for this, if you agree I will commit it to a dedicated brach.
> Let me know if you think this is a good approach.
> 

Sounds like a good idea. I trust you are using the data in json format? Perhaps the command
should be named "ODBLoadJSON" to be clear about this.

(JSON is preferred over .odb and .xml for many reasons (ask me))

K.O.
  2243   28 Jun 2021 Stefan RittSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
> > Hi all,
> > for my experiment we ended up with the need of changing lot of parameters (~9000 values) in the ODB at once by the sequencer.
> > The very first solution was to use a sequencer function with a ton of ODBSET calls, however a more elegant solution may be to provide an "ODBLoad" command which mimics the "load" command of odbedit.
> > I already have a working modification to the sequencer for this, if you agree I will commit it to a dedicated brach.
> > Let me know if you think this is a good approach.
> > 
> 
> Sounds like a good idea. I trust you are using the data in json format? Perhaps the command
> should be named "ODBLoadJSON" to be clear about this.
> 
> (JSON is preferred over .odb and .xml for many reasons (ask me))

What if some experiment keep some files in .xml format (ask me!). The routine should check for the extension and support all three formats.

Stefan
  2244   28 Jun 2021 Konstantin OlchanskiSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
> > > Hi all,
> > > for my experiment we ended up with the need of changing lot of parameters (~9000 values) in the ODB at once by the sequencer.
> > > The very first solution was to use a sequencer function with a ton of ODBSET calls, however a more elegant solution may be to provide an "ODBLoad" command which mimics the "load" command of odbedit.
> > > I already have a working modification to the sequencer for this, if you agree I will commit it to a dedicated brach.
> > > Let me know if you think this is a good approach.
> > > 
> > 
> > Sounds like a good idea. I trust you are using the data in json format? Perhaps the command
> > should be named "ODBLoadJSON" to be clear about this.
> > 
> > (JSON is preferred over .odb and .xml for many reasons (ask me))
> 
> What if some experiment keep some files in .xml format (ask me!). The routine should check for the extension and support all three formats.
> 

Yes, hard to tell without seeing his full proposal, including the code. If it is load from file,
sure we look at the file extension, I think the existing code already would do this and support all 3 formats.

But if he wants to load ODB data from a text literal or from a string,
we might as well stick to json. I guess we could support the other formats, but I do not see anybody
using anything other than json for new code like this.

ODBPasteJSON("/foo/bar/baz", '{"var1":1, "var2":"somestr"}');

K.O.
  2245   28 Jun 2021 Stefan RittSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
> > > > Hi all,
> > > > for my experiment we ended up with the need of changing lot of parameters (~9000 values) in the ODB at once by the sequencer.
> > > > The very first solution was to use a sequencer function with a ton of ODBSET calls, however a more elegant solution may be to provide an "ODBLoad" command which mimics the "load" command of odbedit.
> > > > I already have a working modification to the sequencer for this, if you agree I will commit it to a dedicated brach.
> > > > Let me know if you think this is a good approach.
> > > > 
> > > 
> > > Sounds like a good idea. I trust you are using the data in json format? Perhaps the command
> > > should be named "ODBLoadJSON" to be clear about this.
> > > 
> > > (JSON is preferred over .odb and .xml for many reasons (ask me))
> > 
> > What if some experiment keep some files in .xml format (ask me!). The routine should check for the extension and support all three formats.
> > 
> 
> Yes, hard to tell without seeing his full proposal, including the code. If it is load from file,
> sure we look at the file extension, I think the existing code already would do this and support all 3 formats.
> 
> But if he wants to load ODB data from a text literal or from a string,
> we might as well stick to json. I guess we could support the other formats, but I do not see anybody
> using anything other than json for new code like this.
> 
> ODBPasteJSON("/foo/bar/baz", '{"var1":1, "var2":"somestr"}');

I agree that if one would paste a string to the ODB, then JSON would be best.

But at MEG, we keep hundreds of XML files for configuration. Mostly historical, but that's how it is.

Stefan
  2246   28 Jun 2021 Konstantin OlchanskiSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
> ... at MEG, we keep hundreds of XML files for configuration. Mostly historical, but that's how it is.

same here, lots of historical .odb and .xml files.

I think the .odb and .xml support is here to stay. Best I remember, latest things I fixed in both
was support for unlimited string length (and removal of associated buffer overflows). Right now,
I am not sure if both are UTF-8 clean and if they properly escape all control characters,
something to fix as we go or as we bump into problems.

K.O.
  2247   28 Jun 2021 Marco FrancesconiSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
My idea was to collect some feedback instead of blindly submitting code for a pull request.

Currently I'm just calling db_load() with a given file, so it is only supporting .odb formatting.
It is pretty easy to extend to json by calling the db_load_json() depending on the file extension.
I do not see a similar call for the .xml format, maybe I can study tomorrow how it is implemented in odbedit and port it to the sequencer.

I guess that the ODBPasteJSON can be a solution as well but I find it a bit too technical.
Anyway it is easy to implement just by calling db_paste_json(), I will keep this in mind.

I'll try to sort this out and make a commit soon.
Best,

Marco



> > ... at MEG, we keep hundreds of XML files for configuration. Mostly historical, but that's how it is.
> 
> same here, lots of historical .odb and .xml files.
> 
> I think the .odb and .xml support is here to stay. Best I remember, latest things I fixed in both
> was support for unlimited string length (and removal of associated buffer overflows). Right now,
> I am not sure if both are UTF-8 clean and if they properly escape all control characters,
> something to fix as we go or as we bump into problems.
> 
> K.O.
  2248   29 Jun 2021 Marco FrancesconiSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
I just submitted a pull request for this feature, I did quite a lot of testing and it looks good to me.
Let me know if something is not clear.

I'll take care of adding the relevant informations to the wiki once it is merged.
Best,

Marco


> My idea was to collect some feedback instead of blindly submitting code for a pull request.
> 
> Currently I'm just calling db_load() with a given file, so it is only supporting .odb formatting.
> It is pretty easy to extend to json by calling the db_load_json() depending on the file extension.
> I do not see a similar call for the .xml format, maybe I can study tomorrow how it is implemented in odbedit and port it to the sequencer.
> 
> I guess that the ODBPasteJSON can be a solution as well but I find it a bit too technical.
> Anyway it is easy to implement just by calling db_paste_json(), I will keep this in mind.
> 
> I'll try to sort this out and make a commit soon.
> Best,
> 
> Marco
> 
> 
> 
> > > ... at MEG, we keep hundreds of XML files for configuration. Mostly historical, but that's how it is.
> > 
> > same here, lots of historical .odb and .xml files.
> > 
> > I think the .odb and .xml support is here to stay. Best I remember, latest things I fixed in both
> > was support for unlimited string length (and removal of associated buffer overflows). Right now,
> > I am not sure if both are UTF-8 clean and if they properly escape all control characters,
> > something to fix as we go or as we bump into problems.
> > 
> > K.O.
  2251   30 Jun 2021 Stefan RittSuggestionODB Load in Sequencer
I quickly checked the pull request and could not find any obvious problem, so I merged it.
  2259   11 Jul 2021 Konstantin OlchanskiSuggestionMidasConfig.cmake usage
> > > So you say "nuke ${MIDAS_LIBRARIES}" and "fix ${MIDAS_INCLUDE}". Ok.
> > A more moderate option ...
> 
> For the record, I did not disappear. I have a very short time window
> to complete commissioning the alpha-g daq (now that the network
> and the event builder are cooperating). To add to the fun, our high voltage
> power supply turned into a pumpkin, so plotting voltages and currents 
> on the same history plot at the same time (like we used to be able to do)
> went up in priority. 
> 

in the latest update, find_package(midas) should work correctly, the include path is right, 
the library list is right.

please test.

I find that the cmake install(export) method is simpler on the user side (just one line of 
code) and is easier to support on the midas side (config file is auto-generated).

I request that proponents of the find_package(midas) method contribute the documentation and 
example on how to use it. (see my other message).

K.O.
  2289   14 Oct 2021 Amy RobertsSuggestionAdding (or improving discoverability) of TID for odbset
Creating an ODB key requires users to know the Type ID that are defined in 
https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/midas/src/develop/include/midas.h starting at line 320.

I can't find any information on the Midas Wiki about these values or how to find 
them.

Am I missing something obvious?  Is there a way to improve how to find these values?  
Or is this not the best way to interact with the ODB?
  2290   15 Oct 2021 Stefan RittSuggestionAdding (or improving discoverability) of TID for odbset
> Creating an ODB key requires users to know the Type ID that are defined in 
> https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/midas/src/develop/include/midas.h starting at line 320.
> 
> I can't find any information on the Midas Wiki about these values or how to find 
> them.
> 
> Am I missing something obvious?  Is there a way to improve how to find these values?  
> Or is this not the best way to interact with the ODB?

Well, you found them in midas.h, so where is the problem?

If you want a more detailed description, just look in the midas documentation (RTFM):

https://midas.triumf.ca/MidasWiki/index.php/Midas_Data_Types

If you want a more modern interface to the ODB without these data types, look here:

https://midas.triumf.ca/MidasWiki/index.php/Odbxx

Best regards,
Stefan
  2380   31 Mar 2022 Stefan RittSuggestionMaximum ODB size
Anybody some idea what the maximum ODB size can be? In the old days, the linux 
kernels had a severe limit on shared memory of usually 8MB, but in the age of 
64GB RAM being a standard, we should be able to grow bigger. Tried

odbinit -s 1024MB --cleanup

which went through without complain, even put that value in to .ODB_SIZE.TXT, but 
when I started odbedit doing "mem", I only see a size of 1MB. Probably somewhere 
deep inside we have a limit which prevents the user to create very large ODBs, 
but this should be mentioned more prominently in odbinit. Like "size too large, 
maximum allowd is xxx MB".

Stefan
  2381   04 Apr 2022 Konstantin OlchanskiSuggestionMaximum ODB size
> Anybody some idea what the maximum ODB size can be?

It turns out ODB size limit is hardwired on db_open_database() at 100 Mbytes.

I now committed an improved error message for this.

I confirm that "odbinit -s 100MB" works and creates ODB with 50 Mbyte data area and 50 
Mbyte key area.

> in the age of 64GB RAM being a standard, we should be able to grow bigger ...

I agree, I think we can safely bump the limit from 100 Mbytes to 1 Gbyte, maybe 1.5 or 
1.99 Gbytes. Above that we run into 32-bit/31-bit cleanliness problems.

And creating extra large 1 GB ODB but using only a few megabytes will not waste any 
RAM, because the .ODB.SHM file is demand-paged and non-used parts of ODB will not be 
mapped into RAM. (It will waste disk space, file .ODB.SHM will be 1 GByte size).

However, 1 GByte (FPGA based) and 4-8 GByte (Raspberry Pi & co) machines are again
becoming popular and relevant for running MIDAS, and they have very slow "disk" 
subsystems, with NAND, SD and USB flash, so we should not go crazy here.

> odbinit -s 1024MB --cleanup

there is a bug in odbinit, if initial odbinit fails, ODB with default size is creates, 
and original rejected ODB size is written to .ODB_SIZE.TXT (an inconsistency).

bitbucket bug 328

> [ how do I resize ODB ??? ]

we need odbresize. bitbucket bug 329.

K.O.
  2434   21 Aug 2022 Joseph McKennaSuggestionmvodb functionality to get the 'LastWritten' property of a key


I want to read data from the ODB with the mvodb interface in one of my frontends, it's useful to know how old that data is, so I prototyped functionality in a pull request to mvodb:

https://bitbucket.org/tmidas/mvodb/pull-requests/2/add-readkeylastwritten-function-to-extract
ELOG V3.1.4-2e1708b5